Monday, October 10, 2011

Baby Shower!



Last weekend was Cora's baby shower, and it was a lot of fun!  I am still shocked by the number of people that were able to show up, and it made me realize how lucky I am to have such supportive friends and family.  I'd like to thank my mom, Brenna, Sarah, Casey, Emilie, Molly, Allison, Christy, and Mariah, who all did such an amazing job of decorating and planning for this party.  Jordan and I had such a wonderful time and we will never forget it!  We received a ton of things that we really needed (diapers, wipes, car seat base, bath supplies) and Cora got several cute new outfits and toys to play with. Here are some pictures to help sum up the big day!  I completely forgot to try and take any pictures, so all of these were taken from Facebook or are pictures that my Aunt Joyce took.  Thanks to everyone who has unknowingly contributed :)
Decorations

Party favors

Diaper game!  The key to winning is putting your nose all the way into the diaper and closing your eyes so you can really focus.

Kasey, Sarah, Heather, Sarah
The 35lb cake which was absolutely delicious


Hannah and Jordan playing the Mad Lib game

A picture that captures several of the beautifully wrapped gifts we received

Gift card from Jordan's mom and step-dad that  we used to purchase our glider!  

My mom... aka Grandma Poole.  

Hannah, Jordan, Casey, Brenna

One of my favorite gifts, a hand-knitted blanket, cardigan, booties and hedgehog from Allison!

All of my high school friends that were able to make it to the party minus Kaylan!  Sarah, Noelle, Heather, Brittni, Amanda, and Jordan! 

They are hard to see in this picture, but baby jeggings from Jenna!  Too cute!

Cute clothes from Mariah!  Jordan looks truly delighted in this picture.

Welcome banner that my mom had made :)

Yummy food! Thanks to everyone who helped contribute!

 I found out I was pregnant 2 days before I was supposed to leave for Christy's bachelorette party in Vegas so I wasn't able to go.  Now Cora has a Vegas t-shirt from Allison and stuff dog from Brenna to commemorate the trip :)

The wonderful hosts! Sarah, Molly, Emilie, and Casey
Brenna, Mariah, Allison, and Stephanie

Jenna, Mariah, Brenna, preggo, Stephanie, Allison, Christy

The "How big is Amy's belly?" game.  Obviously Brenna over-estimated my size.  My cousin Dianne won, but I couldn't find any pictures of her guessing.

Brenna and I with my "sand dollars".

Ladybug Boppy from Christy


A shot of the storage shelves and cubes that Emilie, Molly, and Casey got for me.   The storage has already come in really handy with all of our gifts and looks great in Cora's room!

The amazing gift basket from my Aunt Joyce and cousins, Kasey and Sarah.  This basket was stocked full of baby gear and supplies!
 Graco high chair that my grandma got for us :)


Overall it was a really fun day, and Jordan and I left talking about how blessed we are to be surrounded by so many people who love us.  We are truly grateful for everyone who came, and for everyone else who has taken the time to send us gifts and cards in the mail.

Work Shower!

 I went  the whole month of September without updating my blog (oops),  but our wonderful co-workers on the ISCU threw a really fun shower back in the middle of September for the three ISCU babies due in October and November.  We received a lot of cute gifts and a very generous Target gift card which has already gone towards diapers, bottles, and other necessities.   Here are a few of the pictures I managed to steal from Amanda!

Talking dog toy from Angela, we checked him for fleas per Amanda's advice :)

Group shot of the men

Group shot of the ladies with all the preggos in the middle :)

Julie, Kristen, and I 

Hosts/Planners:  Amanda, Shelley, Lindsay, and Shannon

Lindsay and Amanda

Will and Kristen (due 10/27), Jordan and I, and Julie and Reid, who just had their baby boy Isaac on 10/5!!




We can't wait for baby Cora to meet all of our friends, family and co-workers... only a month to go!!! Here are a few belly/nursery updates...

35 weeks.  Cora is about 5 1/2 pounds and 20 inches long.  She is already positioned head down and her favorite activity is kicking mom in the ribs.



Nursery is still in progress, but it's coming together.

My new favorite seat in the house.  Scooby is ready for a bedtime story.


My boys :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures where Scooby's head is eerily noticeable (the nursery pic). It would be fun to put him in a room with 100 other dogs and play Where's Waldo(scooby) with him.

    ReplyDelete